We are your local Mandeville A/C And Heating Repair Service provider.
If you happen to land on our website but, are out of our territory. Check out our blog post and other resources. You may just find the solution you’re looking for.
A/C And Heating Repair Service
If you think you’re in need of immediate service then please give us a call 24/7.
Here in South Louisiana your A/C and Heating system could have any number of issues preventing it from operating properly.
If you are the curious type. Continue to read this page to discover what your possible HVAC system problem may be,
After 5 & Weekends Air Conditioning & Heating Is Here To Provide Anytime Service
Here is what you can expect when one of our experts arrive at your home.
A/C And Heating Repair Service troubleshooting article is below.
A/C & Heating Repair, FAST
- Fast service 24/7 even if it’s After 5 pm or on the weekends. With No Emergency Rate!
- A professional technician that is background checked and randomly drug tested.
- The technician will give you various options to repair or replace so you have full control before the work is done.
- No pricing surprises.
- Great labor and material warranty so you don’t have to pay twice.
- Easy to do business with.
After 5 & Weekends Air Conditioning & Heating, we believe in providing a [better] service experience.
- Videos and pictures of what part is broke before we do the repair or replacement.
- Videos and pictures of what was done and how it looks after the repair or replacement.
- A full digital analysis of how your system is operating.
- Pricing before any work is done, so there are no price surprises.
- A full explanation of the exact problem and options to fix it.
- Respect for your property.
- Fast service to get your system working as soon as possible.
A/C & Heating Repair 24/7/365
We know a lot of our customers don’t have time to meet with us during the day.
You are busy at work during the day and have many other activities going on in life.
That’s why After 5 & Weekends decided to provide Air Conditioning & Heater repairs when It’s most convenient for you.
- After 5 PM Service Is No Extra Charge.
- Weekend Service Is No Extra Charge.
- Day & Weekday Service Always Available At Same day Low Price.
- We Specialise In After 5 & Weekend Service.
Possible A/C And Heating Repair Service Issues.
If your outdoor condenser shut off all a sudden. Here are the common A/C repair issues that will need to be addressed first.
The most common issue would be a bad thermostat.
Depending on what type of system you have the thermostat may be the first place to start.
A simple test will show you if the thermostat is functioning.
1st set the fan to the on position.
The fan button or display is normally in the Auto position.
If the indoor fan turns on this tells you a couple of things. It tells you the Air handler or Furnace board is functional and has 24 volts.
It also tells you the thermostat sent the correct message to the unit.
2nd turn the fan back to auto. Then put the system on cool or heat whichever you are trying to get operational.
If the outdoor condenser comes on then you know the thermostat sent the correct signal. If it didn’t you could have a bad thermostat.
But don’t jump to conclusions just yet.
Put the thermostat in the Heat mode. If the heater comes on but the condenser didn’t you very well could have other problems.
The Good HVAC News.
The good news is if your thermostat caused all but one function to come on your thermostat is most likely good.
The Bad HVAC News.
Depending on what component didn’t come on that part of the HVAC has something wrong with it.
So we either proved the thermostat good or bad.
If it’s bad lets move on.
A/C Condenser Contactors
When a qualified person performed the steps above. If the Condenser didn’t come on that’s where the problem will be.
The picture below is probably what your condenser looks like.
Depending on what type of system you have the condenser will most likely have a dual run capacitor. I will put the picture of some examples directly below.
Or you may have another type of capacitor in conjunction with the one you see above. The picture below will be of a Single run capacitor.
Another common part that will cause the condenser to go out is the contactor.
The ac contactor or condenser contactor may go bad all of the sudden.
The contactor is what transfers the power to the condenser components. The thermostat sends voltage in cooling mode or heating mode.
If the thermostat sends the correct voltage for the correct function then the contactor should engage.
If the thermostat is correct and the contractor doesn’t engage then you may have a bad contactor.
This is what a typical A/C Contactor will look like when the side panel of the condenser is removed.
Some models have a slight variation but this contactor covers a lot of brands.
That about covers the simple repairs that happen to a condenser.